If you’re a Top Gear TV addict you’ll have seen Mr Clarkson bringing the wonder of V8s from the garage into the house with an innovative and highly practical Corvette 6.2-litre V8 food blender and bone breaking rocking chair. We like. To butcher a well-known slogan, if Car Throttle made furniture, it’d be something like that. But since none of the CT team knows which way up to hold a hammer, we had to scour the depths of the webternet to see what other people have created for this week’s top 10. Here are their Frankensteiny creations...
10. Volvo 240 SinkSinks are not sexy. Volvo 240s are not sexy. And a dreary blue sink with a Volvo 240 grille and badge stuck on is even less sexy than SuBo. Next!
9. Evo BedIn the past, car themed beds were for seven year olds only. Not any more. If you can’t afford a whole Evo X just buy the bonnet, front wings and bumper and voila, you can have yourself a very orange Mitsu-bed-i. Your girlfriend will leave you as soon as she sees what you’ve done to the bedroom though. Especially if you go for a chequered headboard like this n00b. Epic. Bed. Fail.
8. Jag TableThe amateurs over on Top Gear TV might have done this before with Clarkson’s eight cylinder Porsche 928 table, but we raise them with a V12 Jaaaag table; or if you need somewhere to stash your booze, a V12 beer holder (once you’ve ripped the glass table top off, of course).
7. CarbecueOld Minis like most British cars from the olden days, are notoriously unreliable. Fire however, is very reliable. So why not chuck out the ancient engine under the bonnet and fit a grille instead so you can host some legendary barbecues?
6. Caddy SofaBack in the 50s and 60s America sketched some sexy, sexy bits of metal. I mean they had fins and sh*t. No, we wouldn’t want to drive an old skool Caddy but we think this Cadillac sofa looks the business. Look at those fricking fins!
5. Mini DeskNo self-important businessman can take himself seriously without a big f*ck off desk to pose behind. We think this Mini is just about perfect, but if you’ve got a tiny penis and need a huge desk to compensate, you could always get yourself something a bit more Range Rovery like this guy:
4. Ferrari F430 Desk ChairWhoever designed this desk chair, we salute you for making office life more exciting. You might not work up too much g force churning out uni essays at your desk but you’ll look the absolute canine’s testicles parked in this carbon fibre and alcantara beaut’. Which is a good thing as you’ll need to stump up $25,000 to buy one, as it’s freshly stripped from a Ferrari F430 Scuderia 16M. Yes, we said $25,000. Shame the lovely leather clad blonde bird is an optional extra...
3. Car Part Drum KitNormally we don’t get excited by drum kits, but this one’s a bit more interesting, as it’s made entirely from newly dismembered car organs. In fact it’s giving us flashbacks of Honda’s genius ad, “The Cog”. Check out the Honda vid if you missed it... it’s definitely worth two minutes of your time. See the car drum in action below.
2. Mustang Pool TableThere’s nothing more macho than playing pool (badly). And what better car to play pool on than a Mustang. Admittedly, this one looks like it’s been flattened by a falling sheet of industrial timber, but at least you won’t have to worry about the spindly legs collapsing when you get a leg over (easy now) as this pool table’s got wheels.
1. Jaguar ShelvesEvery kitchen needs an upended Jag; there is no other word for this monster than genius. In fact we can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t all go out and buy one. Right now. Unless you live in a bungalow. This Jag shelf/cupboard combo is even pretty good value considering that you could bag yourself a Jag banger for just under £400, the same as this vile Ikea cabinet. Looks like a no brainer to us. So, you’ve now seen our favourite pieces of car furniture, but have you spotted anything even more zany out there? Let us know below and tell us your favourite from our top 10 line up while you’re at it.
Recommended News Here's How The New Toyota Supra Could Look Nürburgring Here's The Aftermath Of A Sickening Megane RS Crash At The 'Ring Blog Different Types Of Clutches And How They Work Funny There's A Company Out There That'll Make You A Working Transformer News The BMW M2 Could Get A Massive Power Hike Thanks To An M4 Engine Transplant Formula 1 How Long Can You Watch Kimi Raikkonen Saying 'Bwoah'? Used Cars This V8-Engined BMW 330i Has Been Given An Injection Of 'Murica With An LS3 Transplant Motorsport The 10 Strangest Race Track Corners Ever Created News This Newly Restored Ferrari F40 Burned To The Ground On Its First Drive News This Guy Was So Keen To Exit A Ferry, He Drove Into The Sea