Last week, we challenged you to take ‘the world’s hardest car quiz’. Of the thousands that took part, scores averaged around 60 per cent, meaning that you guys have got Yoda levels of car knowledge!
To find out exactly what answers you got right and the mistakes you might have made, here’s a run through.
Car quiz answers:
1) What car is this? Chevrolet Corvette
2) What’s this got to do with a McLaren F1? The bus has the same rear lights as a McLaren F1.
3) What’s this? The blurry, flame-spitting car is a McLaren P1.
4) There are some strange car names. Which isn’t real? The Mazda Starpon isn’t a real car.
5) Name the knob. That knob is from the Volvo XC90
6) Which isn’t a real optional extra? The Hyundai Equus’s rear-seat champagne holder isn’t a real optional extra – it’s standard!
7) One of these steering wheels isn’t connected to a power steering system. Which one? The Alfa Romeo 4C’s steering wheel isn’t connected to a power steering system. The Lotus wheel is from the Evora, which has power steering.
8) What’s your problem? Parking brake warning light.
9) Which lights belong to the top-selling vehicle in the USA in 2013? The fourth headlight along.
10) What Audi is this? Audi A3 Saloon.
11) What vehicle is this engine from? Ford Fiesta.
12) How many exhaust and intake valves are in a Bugattii Veyron engine? 64.
13) Which car completes the pattern? Lexus LFA. Look at the number of exhaust outlets on each car. The Fiat 500 has one, the Mini has two and the Pagani Huayra has four. The bonkers Lexus fits the pattern with its three-exit exhaust.
14) What car is this steering wheel from? That’s the steering wheel from a BMW 235i.
15) Which has the most power? Pagani Huayra.
16) What car is this? Honda S2000.
17) The BMW i3 carbon fibre is made in Washington, not Bavaria. True or false? True – the BMW i3’s carbonfibre is made in the USA.
18) Which shade is Verde Ithaca, as seen on the Lamborghini Aventador? C is Verde Ithaca.
19) Which car emits the most CO2? Bentley Mulsanne.
20) What car is this? That’s the silhouette of the Ferrari LaFerrari.
21) Which car was available with a seven-speed manual gearbox? Porsche 911.
22) Which wheel isn’t on an Italian car? The fourth wheel in the sequence isn’t on an Italian car – it’s a fancy optional wheel available on the Skoda Octavia vRS.
23) There’s a famous Swedish car brand that makes the Agera, but how do you spell it? Koenigsegg.
24) You’ve just been overtaken… by what? Nissan GTR.
25) Which isn’t part of a Volkswagen Group product? B – it’s the fuel filler on Jaguar’s F-Type Project 7. C is a Ducati 1199 Panigale, in case you were wondering.
Quiz and answers courtesy of CarWow. Such difficulty.