No-one can resist a Q-car - even if brand new ones are few and far between these days. We asked your to submit your favourite tuned sleepers via Car Memes, and the response included some of the most magnificent mega-power machines ever to grace the pages of YouTube. We've rounded up the top 8 for your viewing pleasure: hit the comments if you reckon there's a classic that deserves its own spot in the hall of fame.
1. The 3000hp Steve Morris MustangAndy Pants (great name) submitted this Mustang, advising we 'ignored the parachute'. Granted, it's hard to overlook the 'chutes, rear wing, and suspiciously wide drag tyres, but thanks to its amazingly standard looking body, lack of scoops and vents, or any sponsor logos, this twin-turbo 3000hp Ford Mach I Mustang makes the cut. The cheeky commentary that goes along with the video is worth a listen too. With this much performance on tap, we'll forgive it the parachutes after all.
2. Volvo 275 with Toyota 2JZ engineThe perfect support wagon for your super-tuned Supra is, obviously, a late 1970s Volvo wagon with an equally mental powerplant driving its rear wheels. Let's go M5-baiting! And we're talking 5.0-litre V10 models here too...
3. 728hp Toyota CamryToyotas are dull, as a rule, with the Camry the ultimate poster child for cars as nothing more than an appliance. Of course, the cure is to squeeze more power than a Lamborghini Aventador under the bonnet...
4. Chrysler Voyager minivanMPVs are the ultimate vehicular expression of mundanity, making them perfect for a sleeper conversion. This one is very turbocharged, very front-wheel drive, and the king of all people carriers. Remember, smoking kills (tyres).
5. The Farm TruckA 1970 Chevrolet C-10 Pick-Up, with a racing V8 in the nose. America at its best here, folks. There's a great sense of humour and attention to detail too: the numberplate for this cracking sleeper reads: 'ZZZZZZ'. Perfect.
6. AWD turbo-CivicBoxy, upright, mumsy: this Civic barely looks aerodynamic enough to fight a stiff breeze. Yet with all-wheel drive traction and a turbo conversion, it's a match for a Corvette off the line and, with swift enough changes, pegs the 'Vette to around 100mph.
7. Ford Festiva TurboWhen a front-drive supermini beats out a V8 Mustang wearing nothing more than some EuroNCAP-lookalike front rims, you know you've found a quality sleeper. It runs a 12.5sec quarter mile @ 110mph, too.
8. Holden Commodore V6We started with a parachute-wearing sleeper, and we'll end on one too, because aside from the bedsheet out back, this Commodore looks amazingly standard. It doesn't even use the V8 available in the stock car, instead opting for the lighter, revvier 3.6-litre V6, tuned with with twin Garrett turbos running 15lbs of boost. Despite major traction issues, it's good for a 9.88sec quarter running on race fuel.
Recommended submit video Submit Your Videos To Get Featured On Our Social Channels Blog Why Do Some Countries Drive On The Left? WTF1 Romain Grosjean Is Out Of The Brazilian GP And It's Not Even Started Yet Formula 1 The 12 Best Moments In Mark Webber’s Amazing Career Blog The 7 Ugliest Modified Cars We Could Find In The Classifieds WTF1 Watch Raikkonen Show A Hint Of Enjoyment On Ferrari World Rollercoaster WTF1 Here's How Much Effort Goes Into One Single Piece Of An F1 Car WTF1 Toto Wolff Thinks Rosberg's Time Penalty Was "Complete Nonsense" WTF1 A Mind-Blowing Compilation Video Of Red Bull's RB6 Taking High-Speed Corners WTF1 The 10 Best Moments From The Super-Tense F1 Finale In Abu Dhabi