When you're instructed to take a pricey F1 car and put on a bit of a show for a crowd, the last thing you want to do is bin it. And while most of these demo runs at car festivals and promotional events usually go pretty smoothly, accidents do happen. Get ready to wince at the sight and sound of crunching carbon fibre with our pick of the best F1 demo run fails.
1. Kobayashi Wrecks A Ferrari In MoscowAttempting heroic burnouts aboard a 2009 Ferrari F60 on a very damp, bumpy street is rarely going to end well. Ferrari at least took the incident in good spirits, giving former Sauber driver Kamui a spare car for the rest of the event, and posted up this video with an amusing title.
2. A Renault R28 Is Difficult To Keep In A Straight LineWhat was supposed to be a simple straight-line drag race at an event in Dubai goes expensively wrong, as FIA official and rally driver Mohammed bin Sulayem loses the back end of this Renault R28 and slams it into a wall. Oops...
3. Heidfeld Misjudges The KerbOh Nick, it was going so well! After perfectly executing several doughnuts at BMW's Munich HQ aboard a BMW Sauber F1.07, Nick Heidfeld casually drives away, only to misjudge the position of a kerb. Kerb 1, front wing 0.
4. Senna's Lotus Hits The HayGoodwood 2013 saw a number of exotic machines crunched, and this was arguably the most significant. This Lotus 98T, driven by none other than F1 legend Ayrton Senna in the 1986 season, was liberated of its front wing and left front wheel after a sizeable off. Ouch.
5. Pastor Maldonado's Dramatic HomecomingThe Williams driver has had his fair share of incidents on track, but this video demonstrates that he's also pretty good at crashing into things off track too. At a homecoming event in Caracas, Venezuela, a sideways Pastor comes clattering over the pavement, smashing the suspension of this FW33.
6. Goodwood Claims Another LotusWhat is it with Goodwood and old Lotus F1 cars? At the 2010 event this 1989 Lotus 101 had an expensive coming together with a hay bale. To make matters worse, driver Steve Griffiths is the owner of this car, so he will have been the one footing the bill.
7. Sebastien Buemi vs MarshalAs a kid, your parents probably told you to look both ways before crossing the road. It would seem no one told that to this marshal, who had a painful incident with a Red Bull F1 car piloted by Sebastien Buemi at an event in Japan.
Recommended Motorsport Touring Car Gets Serious Air After Hefty Crash Motorsport Shouty V8s And Retro Looks Make This Is Our New Favourite Motorsport Series Motorsport Ambitious Overtake Kills Two BMW E46 M3 Race Cars At The 'Ring Formula 1 8 Of The Oddest Tracks F1 Has Ever Raced On Motorsport The 12 Best Moments In Mark Webber’s Amazing Career Motorsport This Might Just Be The Most Awkward Motorsport Crash Of 2016 Motorsport 14 Of The Most Spectacular Engine Failures In Motorsport Motorsport This Drifty First Corner Overtake Is One Of The Best We’ve Ever Seen Formula 1 The 10 Best Moments From The Frantic Japanese Grand Prix Funny Here's What It Looks Like If You Set Off A Crap-Load Of Fireworks In A Van