Jozo profile picture Jozo 5 years ago
Ask Car Throttle

Need USA Car Insurance With UK License

Hi all! I’ve been at the web for the last few hours with no answers so thought I’d turn to you guys.

I’m travelling to the USA in a few weeks to see a friend and instead of hiring a car I want to get quotes for temporary car insurance on my friends car to get about in.

I don’t want a full policy, just a couple weeks of coverage. I’m a UK Citizen, and have a full UK license. Is this possible? I’ve read that I’ll need an IDP (International Driving Permit) but then I’ve also read that I don’t need one either.

If anyone can shed some light on the matter I’d really appreciate it!

Here’s a picture of something American I shot recently

Need USA Car Insurance With UK License - Ask Car Throttle