Car Throttle is the internet’s fastest-growing car community.
We’re a platform for automotive enthusiasts who believe in the future of digital and social media.
Car Throttle was founded in 2009 by Adnan Ebrahim. After starting life as a car blog, CT quickly evolved into a popular site covering car news, reviews, humour and video content. The brand is run by car lovers, media minds and technology visionaries - you can meet the team here.
Car Throttle’s investors include Passion Capital and the minds behind AOL, Skype, MailOnline, Nielsen Entertainment and Zynga.
“Buzzfeed for cars”Techcrunch
“The largest auto social media site”Evening Standard
“Car Throttle serves the needs of a fanatical population - auto fans.”Pando Daily
In the Media
- ‘Community auto site Car Throttle breaks programmatic ground, eyes US expansion Digiday, November 2015
- ‘Buzzfeed for cars’: the UK start-up that’s taken car lovers by storm London Live, February 2015
- The young petrolhead who set up a hit car website BBC, January 2015
- Car Throttle raises $1.6m to transform from blog to media platform TechCityNews, January 2015
- Car Throttle snags $1.6 million seed PEHub, January 2015
- Car Throttle Raises $1.6M To Move Beyond Cars And Become A ‘Vertical Media Platform’ TechCrunch, January 2015
- Cars and the online community: a perfect match? CNBC, November 2014
- Young, free and digital: Meet five web stars who turned an idea into businesses worth millions… and they are all under 25 Daily Mail, April 2014
- CarThrottle, The BuzzFeed For Cars, Signs Directly With YouTube As It Continues To Step On The Gas Techcrunch, March 2014
- Car Throttle’s traction shows you can Buzzfeed-ify verticals PandoDaily, December 2013
- London’s DNAs… that’s Digital Natives Evening Standard, March 2013
- Top Gear is back, which is good because… Speed Monkey, January 2013
- "Best Entertainment, Audio or Video Startup" Shortlist The Europas, January 2013
- The shape of 2013 for UK startups The Next Web, January 2013
- Same Car, Different Wheels The New Is You Blog, November 2012
- View from the Press: Car Throttle (UK) Kahn Design News, July 2012
- Social media driving young buyers to luxury cars SFGate, June 2012
- BMW Courts Bloggers for $110 Million Online Boost: Cars Bloomberg, June 2012
44-46 Sekforde Street,