Sign in to your Car Throttle accountContinue with Facebook
Car Throttle was started in 2009 after founder Adnan Ebrahim realised there was no online platform for people like him: young, millennial car enthusiasts. Dubbed ‘Buzzfeed for cars’, the site quickly evolved into a vibrant community serving millions of users - called CTzens - who follow the brand on its apps and major social media platforms.
Car Throttle creates and distributes engaging car content and works closely with advertisers looking to reach a valuable audience. Our investors include the minds behind AOL, Facebook, Skype and MailOnline.
Car Throttle by the numbers
- 100 million car enthusiasts reached every month
- 4.5 million Facebook fans across our network
- 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube
- 79% of our traffic is social
- 70% of our users are mobile
- 12 employees in London and New York
“Car Throttle serves the needs of a fanatical population - auto fans.”Pando Daily
“prophetic of the future of many more media companies in the digital age”Business Insider
“The largest auto social media site”Evening Standard
Meet the team
Adnan Ebrahim Founder & CEO
I founded Car Throttle from my University bedroom in 2009, frustrated with the lack of places for millennial car enthusiasts to hang out online. CT is now the largest cross-platform auto publisher and I now spend my time hiring, implementing strategy, promoting synergies, talking to our awesome investors and driving a ridiculous emoji-wrapped GT-R.
Alex Kersten Editor-in-chief
I’m the guy you see in the YouTube films, comedy sketches and live videos. I own a Mk1 MX-5 called Phil and an E36 M3 lemon called Colin, and when I can’t think of anything funny to say, I’ll inappropriately touch a car’s exhaust. I’ve been told I’m less of a douchebag in real life than I appear on camera.
Ethan Smale Video Producer
Some call me the creative wizard behind Car Throttle’s million-subscriber strong YouTube channel. I own a purple and gold chrome-wrapped Suzuki Wagon R, for some reason.
George Wilson CTO
I head up Car Throttle's tech strategy, generally creating awesome stuff with code. At the weekends I homebrew 🍺 and watch F1 🏎. Lewis Hamilton's second biggest fan in the CT office.
Gabor Szedlak Head of Marketing
I helped Car Throttle grow from a small Facebook page to the world’s largest cross-platform auto publisher. My job is to make sure we reach every petrolhead around the world with engaging content and great discussions.
Matt Robinson News Editor
I head up all of the editorial content you see on Car Throttle. I’m approachable and polite, if fuelled with enough coffee.
James Dryden Software Engineer
I’m an engineer working in the Product Team, so I spend my time building new features, drinking coffee & waiting for tests to complete. Outside of the office I spend most of my time waiting for the new season of Rick & Morty. Don’t even trip, dawg.
Maddi Bindon Office Manager
I’m the office manager here at CT. My main jobs include accounting and finance, HR, baking, and doing all the jobs the rest don’t want to do! When I’m not in the office, I am living ‘dat rotary life’.
Jake Orr Community Manager
I’m Jake, Community Manager for CT. I’m a big fan of old school muscle, and I’ll turn wrenches on whatever I can get my hands on! Straight outta ‘Murica 🇺🇸.
Jessica McFadyen Agency Sales Executive
I head up UK commercial partnerships here at CT. It’s my job to come up with new and interesting ways for brands to use our platforms to communicate with CTzens about their products and services. Otherwise you'll probably see me on the site doing things like getting over excited about F1 or rolling around inside tyres.
Samantha Rady Head of US Sales
I head up the US Sales Strategy, with the role of introducing Car Throttle to US partners. I’m a creative thinker and love developing new ideas, programs and partnerships. On weekends you will find me driving my Renegade Trailhawk on winding country roads and biking through mountain trails.
In the Media
- ‘YouTube stars rethink Top Gear and MOTD for the Facebook generation’ The Guardian, July 2016
- ‘Car Throttle finds auto brands love live video’ Digiday, July 2016
- ‘Brands that win on social tailor content across platforms’ Campaign, May 2016
- ‘Petrolheads, fashionistas and intrepid travellers targeted by strange, new publishing models’ Telegraph, April 2016
- ‘Why the Guardian, Daily Mail et al need to embrace social distribution to survive “platformification”‘ The Drum, March 2016
- ‘What do millennials want from brands?’ Media Week, March 2016
- ‘I went for a ride with the 25-year-old millionaire media CEO who drives supercars for a living — and still lives with his parents’ Business Insider, January 2016
- ‘Community auto site Car Throttle breaks programmatic ground, eyes US expansion Digiday, November 2015
- ‘Buzzfeed for cars’: the UK start-up that’s taken car lovers by storm London Live, February 2015
- The young petrolhead who set up a hit car website BBC, January 2015
- Car Throttle raises $1.6m to transform from blog to media platform TechCityNews, January 2015
- Car Throttle snags $1.6 million seed PEHub, January 2015
- Car Throttle Raises $1.6M To Move Beyond Cars And Become A ‘Vertical Media Platform’ TechCrunch, January 2015
- Cars and the online community: a perfect match? CNBC, November 2014
- Young, free and digital: Meet five web stars who turned an idea into businesses worth millions… and they are all under 25 Daily Mail, April 2014
- CarThrottle, The BuzzFeed For Cars, Signs Directly With YouTube As It Continues To Step On The Gas Techcrunch, March 2014
- Car Throttle’s traction shows you can Buzzfeed-ify verticals PandoDaily, December 2013
- London’s DNAs… that’s Digital Natives Evening Standard, March 2013
- Top Gear is back, which is good because… Speed Monkey, January 2013
- “Best Entertainment, Audio or Video Startup” Shortlist The Europas, January 2013
- The shape of 2013 for UK startups The Next Web, January 2013
- Same Car, Different Wheels The New Is You Blog, November 2012
- View from the Press: Car Throttle (UK) Kahn Design News, July 2012
- Social media driving young buyers to luxury cars SFGate, June 2012
- BMW Courts Bloggers for $110 Million Online Boost: Cars Bloomberg, June 2012