Allow me to run you through five things we like about this 1968 Ford Falcon:
1. It's a '68 Falcon, not a Mustang or any other obvious muscle car hero. It's just a humdrum everyday coupe taken to the edge of sanity, and what's possible to keep on the ground at speed.
2. It runs the world's coolest turbo set-up. Twin 88mm blowers mounted in front of the engine, and actually on display in the car's nose, like some sort of Bond villain/Wacky Racers weaponry to suck in and chew up competitors.
3. Its nickname: 'The Dirty Bird'.
4. It's matte grey. It's a cool look, no arguments.
5. The numbers. According to our friend from Houston, Texas, The Dirty Bird weighs 1474kg (same as a Ferrari 458 Italia) and develops 2600 horsepower from 7.4-litres - the same as four and a half 458s. Or 17 original Falcons. (Choose your own coversion rate). The bottom line is this thing is potent. It runs 4.7sec 1/8-mile passes, pops wheelstands off the line, and all with a two-speed transmission. Take that, Porsche PDK.
Check out these communities:
Popular Posts You Need To Read
- Add Rain To The Nurburgring, And Epic Slides Will Follow
- The 20 Dumbest Things Said By Non-Petrolheads, As Heard By CT Readers
- Sweet Justice! In 2012... 26% of crashes in the US were cause by distracted drivers with cellphones and that doesn't count those that didn't admit to it. Cell Phone users pose a risk to motorcyclists especially.
Car Throttle comments are only available on posts after 22nd May 2014